This is done when you do not have access to your phone menus. If your phone is not start up properly then you have to perform this.
- First Power off the device
- Press and hold both Volume buttons + Power.
- Hold all 3 buttons ( 2 Volume buttons + Power) until you see the screen.
- Use the Volume Down button select “wipe data/factory reset” in the recovery screen.
- Press the Home button to select the highlighted option.
After following the steps above you can Hard Reset your Samsung Galaxy S device.
You can check more about this topic by accessing Mobile Category.